This file lists all important changes to ATS310
[6.3.0] - 2018-09-24
- issue where the driver does not start on some systems because of signature
- ATS9352 not recognized
[6.2.1] - 2018-08-16
CAP_SUPPORT_12_BIT_PACKING entries to
- Various API function descriptions to make them easier to understand.
[6.2.0] - 2018-07-31
- Channel memory sharing on ATS9637.
[6.1.4] - 2018-06-19
[6.1.3] - 2018-06-12
[6.1.2] - 2018-05-16
- Regression introduced in version 5.10.25 that caused ATS9870 master/slave
systems to show acquisition timeout problems.
[6.1.1] - 2018-04-27
- Fix an issue where installation would not work properly on updated Windows 7
[6.1.0] - 2018-04-17
- AlazarAllocBufferU16Ex correctly exported
- Support for on board memory size greater than 4 Giga samples via functions
[6.0.3] - 2018-03-02
- Regression where ATS9870's internal clock rates would not be set properly for
rates lower than 1 GS/s.
- Support for Windows silent installation.
- Support for ATS9637
[6.0.2] - 2018-02-12
- Add internal support for DIS DSP module.
- Set the default of number of DMA buffers allocated by the
API to 4 instead of 64. This default value can be modified with the
[6.0.1] - 2017-11-30
- Issue with
SET_BUFFERS_PER_TRIGGER_ENABLE that makes it set the double the
requested value in dual-channel mode
[6.0.0] - 2017-08-02
- Fix typo in
- Make the Visual Studio 2015 redistributable installers passive. This solves an
issue where, on some computers, the installer prompt would stay hidden behind
the main installer's window.
- Support for Windows 10 Signature Enforcement mode. In computers where this
mode is active, versions of this driver before 6.0.0 will not install
correctly. Instead, a window titled "Windows requires a digitally signed
driver" will appear during or shortly after the installation process.
- Cleanup step in
AlazarBeforeAsyncRead() to ensure that previous acquisitions
[5.10.24] - 2017-04-17
- Bug in AlazarDSP that causes window functions downloaded to the on-FPGA FFT
module to be corrupted, causing increased noise in on-FPGA FFT
[5.10.23] - 2017-03-01
- Bug in AlazarDSP on-FPGA FFT mode where the incorrect multiplier was used for
the fft log output when
FFT_OUTPUT_FORMAT_RAW_PLUS_FFT was activated.
- Deactivate ATU7825 detection in Windows to prevent GUID conflict.
[5.10.22] - 2016-11-25
SET_BUFFERS_PER_TRIGGER_ENABLE parameter for
[5.10.21] - 2016-11-08
AlazarParseFPGAName(). Now returns
ApiUnsupportedFunction without doing
[5.10.20] - 2016-11-07
- Support for Windows Driver Kit 10
[5.10.19] - 2016-10-20
- Bug under Windows in ATS9360/ATS9373/ATS9416 driver and library that was not
reading EEPROM data at initialization time, which could cause an incorrect
input offset and not detect available memory with user-created applications.
Workaround for this bug used to be to run AlazarDSO or AlazarSysInfo before
launching user-created application, thus forcing the EEPROM data to be read.
This workaround is no longer required.
[5.10.18] - 2016-09-19
AlazarExtractNPTFooters(). This function has been superseeded by
[5.10.17] - 2016-09-15
- Preliminary support for dual-buffer mode
[5.10.16] - 2016-09-02
- AlazarSetADCBackgroundCompensation function
[5.10.14] - 2016-07-22
- Bug where Windows XP computer would restart when asked to power off
- The equivalent of DSOs F4 information for ApiFlags
[5.10.3] - 2016-06-02
- Prevent the library from writing to stdout
[5.10.2] - 2015-11-13
- Internal slicing of FFT data
[5.10.0] - 2015-10-09
- Add support for AlazarDSP
[5.9.29] - 2015-09-04
- Bug in AlazarRC that made temporary tmp.txt file appear.
[5.9.28] - 2015-08-11
- Default log file path to /tmp/ATSApi.log under Linux
[5.9.27] - 2015-08-11
- Support for NPT record footers
[5.9.26] - 2015-06-08
[5.9.25] - 2015-06-05
- Bug where ATS9626 hc default coprocessor is not downloaded
- Support for system sleep and hibernation. The driver aborts DMA transfers with
error 559 (
ApiPowerDown) if the system enters a low power state.
[5.9.24] - 2015-05-05
[5.9.23] - 2015-02-18
- Version 5.9.21 does not include any new functionality for this board.
- Support for multi-threaded operation
[5.9.16] - 2013-11-14
- Bug that intermittently caused
AlazarRead() to return unexpected data on
64-bit systems with more than about 3GB of physical memory.
[5.9.2] - 2012-04-11
- Bug that caused a blue screen error on some computers because of a conflict
with anti-virus software.
[5.9.0] - 2012-02-23
- Update DpInst.exe to support installation in Korean language.
[5.8.10] - 2011-09-09
- Allow two or more application threads to access a board's registers at the
[5.8.7] - 2011-07-27
- Bugs that resulted in the digitizer not working correctly when in PC's with
3.4 GHz or greater processors, such as the Intel Core i7-2600K. The symptoms
of this problem included intermittent DC offset errors on input channels and
the failure of the on-board memory detection causing PCI Express boards to be
reported as a FIFO-Only.
[5.8.5] - 2011-07-18
- Support 64-bit Windows systems (XP, Vista, 7) with 4GB or more of memory.
[5.8.3] - 2011-05-02
- Version 5.8.3 does not include any new functionality for this board.
[5.7.12] - 2010-05-20
- There are no new capabilities for the ATS310 in driver version 5.7.12
- There are no new capabilities for the ATS310 in driver version 5.7.6
- Bug in version 5.6.12, where the driver installation program installed an
older version (v5.6.11) of the device driver file (ATS310.sys).
- There are no new capabilities for the ATS310 in driver version 5.6.12
- There are no new capabilities for the ATS310 in driver version 5.6.11
- Version 5.6.7 does not include any new functionality for this board.
- Version 5.6.6 does not include any new functionality for this board.
- Version 5.6.4 does not include any new functionality for this board.
- There are no new capabilities for the ATS310 in driver version 5.6.3.
- Setup.exe installation program to distribute the driver.
- No new capabilities for the ATS310 in driver version 5.5.0.
- No new capabilities for the ATS310 in driver version 5.5.0.
- Full Vista power management compliance. This fixes a power state handling bug
in previous versions, which caused a Vista-based PC to crash if it was powered
down with the ATS310 driver loaded. In some machines, this crash caused a
- No new capabilities for the ATS310 in driver version 5.3.3.
- No new capabilities for the ATS310 in driver version 5.3.2.
- No new capabilities for the ATS310 in driver version 5.3.0.
- install AlazarTech products in their own class in Device Manager. The
ClassName is "AlazarTech PCI Digitizers".
- 64-bit support for ATS310.
- This release is intended as a new baseline for the versioning and neither adds
nor removes functionality from Version 4.8.1.
- Bug in the installation INF file that now overwrites registry values when a
driver is upgraded. This is particularly useful for customers upgrading from
ATS310-128K or ATS330-128K to ATS310-8M or ATS330-8M. Previous versions did
not update the maximum buffer size key in the registry, causing a DMA failure
message to be generated. Note this error applies only to ATS310 and ATS330
- Bug for ATS310-8M, which did not allow triggering with negative slope.
- Bug which caused ATS310 to freeze in some PCs.
- More redundant FPGA download scheme that returns an error if the expected FPGA
file is not found.
- Trigger-related bug introduced in v4.6.3 for ATS310-128K.