This file lists all important changes to ATS460
[6.3.0] - 2018-09-24
- No change in the driver for this release
[6.2.1] - 2018-08-16
- Various API function descriptions to make them easier to understand.
CAP_SUPPORT_12_BIT_PACKING entries to
[6.2.0] - 2018-07-31
- Channel memory sharing on ATS9637.
[6.1.4] - 2018-06-19
[6.1.3] - 2018-06-12
[6.1.2] - 2018-05-16
- Regression introduced in version 5.10.25 that caused ATS9870 master/slave
systems to show acquisition timeout problems.
[6.1.1] - 2018-04-27
- Fix an issue where installation would not work properly on updated Windows 7
[6.1.0] - 2018-04-17
- AlazarAllocBufferU16Ex correctly exported
- Support for on board memory size greater than 4 Giga samples via functions
[6.0.3] - 2018-03-02
- Regression where ATS9870's internal clock rates would not be set properly for
rates lower than 1 GS/s.
- Support for Windows silent installation.
- Support for ATS9637
[6.0.2] - 2018-02-12
- Set the default of number of DMA buffers allocated by the
API to 4 instead of 64. This default value can be modified with the
- Add internal support for DIS DSP module.
[6.0.1] - 2017-11-30
- Issue with
SET_BUFFERS_PER_TRIGGER_ENABLE that makes it set the double the
requested value in dual-channel mode
[6.0.0] - 2017-08-02
- Make the Visual Studio 2015 redistributable installers passive. This solves an
issue where, on some computers, the installer prompt would stay hidden behind
the main installer's window.
- Fix typo in
- Support for Windows 10 Signature Enforcement mode. In computers where this
mode is active, versions of this driver before 6.0.0 will not install
correctly. Instead, a window titled "Windows requires a digitally signed
driver" will appear during or shortly after the installation process.
- Cleanup step in
AlazarBeforeAsyncRead() to ensure that previous acquisitions
[5.10.24] - 2017-04-17
- Bug in AlazarDSP that causes window functions downloaded to the on-FPGA FFT
module to be corrupted, causing increased noise in on-FPGA FFT
[5.10.23] - 2017-03-01
- Deactivate ATU7825 detection in Windows to prevent GUID conflict.
- Bug in AlazarDSP on-FPGA FFT mode where the incorrect multiplier was used for
the fft log output when
FFT_OUTPUT_FORMAT_RAW_PLUS_FFT was activated.
[5.10.22] - 2016-12-21
- Update FPGA version to 47.00
SET_BUFFERS_PER_TRIGGER_ENABLE parameter for
[5.10.21] - 2016-11-08
AlazarParseFPGAName(). Now returns
ApiUnsupportedFunction without doing
[5.10.20] - 2016-11-07
- Support for Windows Driver Kit 10
[5.10.19] - 2016-10-20
- Bug under Windows in ATS9360/ATS9373/ATS9416 driver and library that was not
reading EEPROM data at initialization time, which could cause an incorrect
input offset and not detect available memory with user-created applications.
Workaround for this bug used to be to run AlazarDSO or AlazarSysInfo before
launching user-created application, thus forcing the EEPROM data to be read.
This workaround is no longer required.
[5.10.18] - 2016-09-19
AlazarExtractNPTFooters(). This function has been superseeded by
[5.10.17] - 2016-09-15
- Preliminary support for dual-buffer mode
[5.10.16] - 2016-09-02
- AlazarSetADCBackgroundCompensation function
[5.10.14] - 2016-07-22
- The equivalent of DSOs F4 information for ApiFlags
[5.10.3] - 2016-06-02
- Prevent the library from writing to stdout
[5.10.2] - 2015-11-13
- Internal slicing of FFT data
[5.10.0] - 2015-10-09
- Add support for AlazarDSP
[5.9.29] - 2015-09-04
- Bug in AlazarRC that made temporary tmp.txt file appear.
[5.9.28] - 2015-08-11
- Default log file path to /tmp/ATSApi.log under Linux
[5.9.27] - 2015-08-11
- Support for NPT record footers
[5.9.26] - 2015-06-08
[5.9.25] - 2015-06-05
- Bug where ATS9626 hc default coprocessor is not downloaded
- Support for system sleep and hibernation. The driver aborts DMA transfers with
error 559 (
ApiPowerDown) if the system enters a low power state.
[5.9.24] - 2015-05-05
[5.9.23] - 2015-02-18
- Bug introduced in v5.9.21 that might cause
AlazarBeforeAsyncRead() to return
- Support for resuming from low power states.
- Support for multi-threaded operation
[5.9.21] - 2014-10-28
- Version 5.9.21 does not include any new functionality for this board.
[5.9.16] - 2013-11-14
- Bug that intermittently caused AlazarRead to return unexpected data on 64-bit
systems with more than about 3GB of physical memory.
[5.9.2] - 2012-04-10
- Problem that caused a blue screen error on a system because of a conflict with
[5.9.0] - 2012-02-23
- Version 5.9.0 updates DpInst.exe to support installation under Korean
[5.8.10] - 2011-09-09
- Version 5.8.10 updates driver to allow two or more application threads to
access a board's registers at the same time.
[5.8.7] - 2011-07-27
- Bugs that resulted in the digitizer not working correctly when in PC's with
3.4 GHz or greater processors, such as the Intel Core i7-2600K. The symptoms
of this problem included intermittent DC offset errors on input channels and
the failure of the on-board memory detection causing PCI Express boards to be
reported as a FIFO-Only.
[5.8.6] - 2011-07-20
- Includes FPGA version 44.0 image files A6110244.ali and A6210244.ali, which
fixes a bug in triggered streaming AutoDMA with small DMA buffers that
resulted in incorrect data.
[5.8.5] - 2011-07-15
- Version 5.8.5 updated driver to support 64-bit Windows systems (XP, Vista, 7)
with 4GB or more of memory.
[5.8.3] - 2011-05-02
- Version 5.8.3 does not include any new functionality for this board.
[5.7.12] - 2010-05-20
- ATS460-8M bug that resulted in ApiBufferOverflow errors in streaming AutoDMA
modes when the number of samples per AutoDMA buffer was 4M or greater.
[5.7.11] - 2010-04-21
- Bug in version 5.7.10, where the driver installation program installed an
incorrect version of the FPGA image. Version 5.7.11 installs the correct FPGA
[5.7.10] - 2010-03-31
- Bug where
AlazarStartCapture() may return
with Continuous AutoDMA transfers.
- Version 5.7.6 ships with new FPGA images, A6110242.ali and A6210242.ali, which
allows Trigger Output on the AUX I/O connector of version 1.3 boards.
- Bug in continuous streaming where AlazarWaitAsyncBufferComplete would fail
with ApiWaitTimeout unless AlazarSetRecordSize was called before calling
- Bug in version 5.6.12, where the driver installation program installed an
older version (v5.6.11) of the device driver file (ATS460.sys).
- Version 5.6.12 ships with new FPGA images, A6110240.ali and A6210240.ali,
which allow signed data output in addition to the existing unsigned format.
- Bug in
AlazarAbortAsyncRead() in continuous or triggered mode where the
in-progress DMA was not aborted. The PC would have to be rebooted to recover
from this error.
- Bug in the driver that could have caused a lockup of the computer at very high
trigger repeat rates. The lockup may have exhibited itself by freezing the
mouse and keyboard or by simply stalling the acquisition.
- Bug in previous versions that could have caused on-board DMA state machine to
lock up in DmaPaused or DmaInProgress states. The accompanying FPGA files
allow unconditional completion of an in-progress DMA in order to avoid this
- Bug that NPT and Traditional Synch/AsyncDMA would fail if the user was
previously using Continuous Streaming or Triggered Streaming. The trigger
settings were not being restored properly.
- Starting in Versions 5.6.0, the device driver is being distributed with a
Setup.exe installation program.
- Previous versions of the driver could have caused data integrity problems with
some SODIMMs used on ATS460-128M. Version 5.6.0 introduces new FPGA images,
A6110236.ali and A6210236.ali, that fix this bug by running the on-board
memory at 100 MHz clock frequency.
- Bug in AlazarGetNextAutoDMABuffer routine. In version 5.4.0 of the driver,
this routine was returning only half the data in No-Pre-Trigger (NPT) mode.
- Fully Vista power management compliance, i.e. it fixes a power state handling
bug in previous versions, which caused a Vista-based PC to crash if it was
powered down with the ATS460 driver loaded. In some machines, this crash
caused a re-boot.
- Use a new, highly integrated memory control logic that improves data
throughput and reliability. Note that this new logic increases power
consumption by approximatively 10%.
- Bug in all previous v5.x.x drivers, whereby
not return code 513 when the last buffer was received. This could have
resulted in acquiring an extra buffer containing bad data at the end of the
- The ability to adjust the external clock reference voltage using the
AlazarDACSettingAdjust() API call.
- Starting with Version 5.2.0, AlazarTech products are installed in their own
class in Device Manager. The ClassName is "AlazarTech PCI Digitizers".
- Bug in the AtsApi.DLL that did not allow the number of records for
Master/Slave configurations to be greater than 1000.
- Support for Non-Pretrigger AutoDMA in both Dual and Single channel modes.
- Bug introduced in Version 4.9.3 whereby non-AutoDMA acquisitions with greater
than 1000 triggers produced faulty data. This fix is done in the new FPGA
- Allows programmers to read the serial number and other board-specific
information using AlazarQueryCapability API call.
- Allows NPT AutoDMA to work with optional Trigger Enable. Previous versions did
not allow the two modes to operate together.
- Bug in Version 4.9.3 that did not allow NPT AutoDMA to work in dual channel
- Resets the ATS460 upon exit. This resolves the bug that could have caused a
bugcheck (blue screen) when the application was closed.
- Bug in AutoDMA that caused one Pre-Trigger sample to be read if user had set
Pre-Trigger depth to be 0.
- Version 4.9.1 has no impact on the ATS460 driver.
- Some kernel level driver errors that could have been generated in some PCs
that do strict power management.
- Full support for Data Record Headers for AutoDMA transfers. Users can now
obtain information such as Time Stamp, Record Number, Who Triggered etc. for
each of the records captured using AutoDMA. This makes it very easy to find
out if any of the triggers was missed or not and also to obtain the arrival
time of each trigger.
- Allow the user to acquire up to 256,000 triggers into on-board memory.
Previously, this limit was 1000 triggers. As before, both pre-trigger and
post-trigger points can be captured for each of the records. A 40-bit
timestamp value is also recorded for each of the records.
- Bug that caused DMA Overflow flag to be falsely asserted when capturing both
channels in continuous capture (PCI streaming) mode.
- Version 4.8.5 fixes a bug for AutoDMA transfers that could have cause one of
the FIFOs to overflow at high trigger rates, causing a data dropout.
- Full support for the PCI Streaming mode. In previous versions of the driver,
DMA Overflow flag was not properly read, resulting in false positives.
- Bug for non-AutoDMA transfers (using AlazarRead) that could have caused a
failure in the AlazarRead operation, resulting in the system freezing.
- Bug for AutoDMA transfers that could have caused data corruption if RecsPerBuf
was set to value for which bits 7 or 8 were '1'. For example, a setting of
RecsPerBuf = 64 in dual channel mode (or 128 in single-channel mode) could
have caused intermittant data corruption. Customers MUST upgrade to V4.8.0
driver, as the fix requires a new FPGA image (*.ALI file) and a new DLL. Do
NOT simply copy the FPGA file to its destination folder, as it will not work
with any of the older DLL files.
- Dual channel AutoDMA transfers have been made more reliable in V4.7.1.
Previous versions sometimes caused wrong data to be captured for overall data
transfer greater than 8 Million samples.
- Bug in trigger address calculation for AutoDMA transfers. Previous versions of
ATS460 driver may have miscalculated the trigger address by as many as 16
- Allow any Slave ATS460 in a Master/Slave system to trigger the system.
Previous version (V4.7.0) only allowed the Master board to trigger the system.
- Previous versions of ATS460 driver were susceptible to not triggering on
Channel A or Channel B when negative slope was selected. Version 4.7.0 fixes
- Support 128 MegaSamples acquisition memory for ATS460.
- Bug which caused ATS460 to freeze in some PCs.
- More redundant FPGA download scheme that returns an error if the expected FPGA
file is not found.
- ATS460 V1.2 board support for larger FPGA. Note that previous versions of the
driver will cause the PC to freeze upon start-up if v1.2 hardware is found.
This is because the FPGA image supplied with the older drivers cannot be
loaded into the V1.2 FPGA.
- Bug in AutoDMA operation that could cause the ATS460 to freeze during very
high trigger repeat rates (~ 8 KHz). System monitoring has been added to
guarantee no lock-ups even at extreme trigger rates.
- The Trigger Out functionality of the ATS460 when used in conjunction with
Trigger Delay. Previously, Trigger Out signal was asserted after the delay had
expired. Starting from this version, Trigger Out is asserted as soon as a
trigger is detected, i.e. before the trigger delay has expired.
- Supports the Dual Port Memory Upgrade and fully implements the advanced
AutoDMA capability of the ATS460, whereby users can capture data based on
rapidly occuring trigger events (also known as Hi-PRF Capture) at rates as
high as 2 KHz for records as long as 2048 samples.
- Powers down the on-board ADC chips when the DLL is closed, i.e. when the
ATS460 is not being used. This is done to improve energy savings and reduce
- Returns the correct memory size for the ATS460 in