This file lists all important changes to ATS660
[6.5.1] - 2018-12-20
- Issues running with 32-bit applications on 64-bit systems for PCIe Gen1
[6.5.0] - 2018-11-13
- Issue where some 32-bit applications would not work on 64-bit systems with
drivers v6.3.0 and later
- Support for fast buffer lock
- Support for multi-channel FFT for boards that support it
[6.4.2] - 2018-11-30
- Support for infinite buffers per trigger enable
[6.4.1] - 2018-11-12
- No change in the driver for this release
- Issue where
AlazarAbortAsyncRead() would not properly terminate a running
acquisition on ATS9360, ATS9371, ATS9373 and ATS9416. This could cause data
alignment problems with applications that stop and start acquisition multiple
times consecutively, or with LabVIEW code samples.
AlazarExtractNPTFootersEx(), which allows to extract NPT footers correctly in
all acquisition modes for all boards that support this feature.
AlazarExtractTimeDomainNPTFooters(). These functions have been superseded by
[6.4.0] - 2018-10-18
- Deactivate SetCaptureClock for ATS9352
[6.3.0] - 2018-09-24
- No change in the driver for this release
[6.2.1] - 2018-08-16
CAP_SUPPORT_12_BIT_PACKING entries to
- Various API function descriptions to make them easier to understand.
[6.2.0] - 2018-07-31
- Channel memory sharing on ATS9637.
[6.1.4] - 2018-06-19
[6.1.3] - 2018-06-12
[6.1.2] - 2018-05-16
- Regression introduced in version 5.10.25 that caused ATS9870 master/slave
systems to show acquisition timeout problems.
[6.1.1] - 2018-04-27
- Fix an issue where installation would not work properly on updated Windows 7
[6.1.0] - 2018-04-17
- AlazarAllocBufferU16Ex correctly exported
- Support for on board memory size greater than 4 Giga samples via functions
[6.0.3] - 2018-03-02
- Regression where ATS9870's internal clock rates would not be set properly for
rates lower than 1 GS/s.
- Support for Windows silent installation.
- Support for ATS9637
[6.0.2] - 2018-02-12
- Add internal support for DIS DSP module.
- Set the default of number of DMA buffers allocated by the
API to 4 instead of 64. This default value can be modified with the
[6.0.1] - 2017-11-30
- Issue with
SET_BUFFERS_PER_TRIGGER_ENABLE that makes it set the double the
requested value in dual-channel mode
[6.0.0] - 2017-08-02
- Fix typo in
- Make the Visual Studio 2015 redistributable installers passive. This solves an
issue where, on some computers, the installer prompt would stay hidden behind
the main installer's window.
- Support for Windows 10 Signature Enforcement mode. In computers where this
mode is active, versions of this driver before 6.0.0 will not install
correctly. Instead, a window titled "Windows requires a digitally signed
driver" will appear during or shortly after the installation process.
- Cleanup step in
AlazarBeforeAsyncRead() to ensure that previous acquisitions
[5.10.24] - 2017-04-17
- Bug in AlazarDSP that causes window functions downloaded to the on-FPGA FFT
module to be corrupted, causing increased noise in on-FPGA FFT
[5.10.23] - 2017-03-01
- Bug in AlazarDSP on-FPGA FFT mode where the incorrect multiplier was used for
the fft log output when
FFT_OUTPUT_FORMAT_RAW_PLUS_FFT was activated.
- Deactivate ATU7825 detection in Windows to prevent GUID conflict.
[5.10.22] - 2016-12-22
SET_BUFFERS_PER_TRIGGER_ENABLE parameter for
- Update FPGA version to 44.01
[5.10.21] - 2016-11-08
AlazarParseFPGAName(). Now returns
ApiUnsupportedFunction without doing
[5.10.20] - 2016-11-07
- Support for Windows Driver Kit 10
[5.10.19] - 2016-10-20
- Bug under Windows in ATS9360/ATS9373/ATS9416 driver and library that was not
reading EEPROM data at initialization time, which could cause an incorrect
input offset and not detect available memory with user-created applications.
Workaround for this bug used to be to run AlazarDSO or AlazarSysInfo before
launching user-created application, thus forcing the EEPROM data to be read.
This workaround is no longer required.
[5.10.18] - 2016-09-19
AlazarExtractNPTFooters(). This function has been superseeded by
[5.10.17] - 2016-09-15
- Preliminary support for dual-buffer mode
[5.10.16] - 2016-09-02
- AlazarSetADCBackgroundCompensation function
[5.10.14] - 2016-07-22
- The equivalent of DSOs F4 information for ApiFlags
[5.10.3] - 2016-06-02
- Prevent the library from writing to stdout
[5.10.2] - 2015-11-13
- Internal slicing of FFT data
[5.10.0] - 2015-10-09
- Add support for AlazarDSP
[5.9.29] - 2015-09-04
- Bug in AlazarRC that made temporary tmp.txt file appear.
[5.9.28] - 2015-08-11
- Default log file path to /tmp/ATSApi.log under Linux
[5.9.27] - 2015-08-11
- Support for NPT record footers
[5.9.26] - 2015-06-08
[5.9.25] - 2015-06-05
- Bug where ATS9626 hc default coprocessor is not downloaded
- Support for system sleep and hibernation. The driver aborts DMA transfers with
error 559 (
ApiPowerDown) if the system enters a low power state.
[5.9.24] - 2015-05-05
[5.9.23] - 2015-02-18
- Bug introduced in v5.9.21 that might cause
AlazarBeforeAsyncRead() to return
- Support for multi-threaded operation
[5.9.21] - 2014-10-28
- Version 5.9.21 does not include any new functionality for this board.
[5.9.16] - 2013-11-14
- Bug that intermittently caused AlazarRead to return unexpected data on 64-bit
systems with more than about 3GB of physical memory.
[5.9.0] - 2012-02-23
- Version 5.9.0 updates DpInst.exe to support installation under Korean
[5.8.10] - 2011-09-09
- Version 5.8.10 updates driver to allow two or more application threads to
access a board's registers at the same time.
[5.8.7] - 2011-07-27
- Bugs that resulted in the digitizer not working correctly when in PC's with
3.4 GHz or greater processors, such as the Intel Core i7-2600K. The symptoms
of this problem included intermittent DC offset errors on input channels and
the failure of the on-board memory detection causing PCI Express boards to be
reported as a FIFO-Only.
[5.8.5] - 2011-07-18
- Updated driver to support 64-bit Windows systems (XP, Vista, 7) with 4GB or
more of memory.
[5.8.3] - 2011-05-02
- Version 5.8.3 does not include any new functionality for this board.
[5.7.12] - 2010-05-20
- There are no new capabilities for the ATS660 in driver version 5.7.12
- Bug in version 5.6.12, where the driver installation program installed an
older version (v5.6.11) of the device driver file (ATS660.sys).
- Bug in AlazarSetCaptureClock that caused it to return ApiPllNotLocked in
master-slave systems using an external clock source.
- Allow signed data output in addition to the existing unsigned format. This
FPGA also implements special timing circuitry to handle active SyncBoard 460
x4 for Master/Slave systems of up to 4 boards.
- Reports an error if user selects 180 MS/s or 160 MS/s sample rate and the
on-board PLL does not lock.
- Bug in AlazarRead that might lock PLL.
- Bug in the driver that could have caused a lockup of the computer at very high
trigger repeat rates. The lockup may have exhibited itself by freezing the
mouse and keyboard or by simply stalling the acquisition.
- Bug in previous versions that could have caused on-board DMA state machine to
lock up in DmaPaused or DmaInProgress states. The accompanying FPGA files
allow unconditional completion of an in-progress DMA in order to avoid this
- Bug that NPT and Traditional Synch/AsyncDMA would fail if the user was
previously using Continuous Streaming or Triggered Streaming. The trigger
settings were not being restored properly.
- Bug in V5.5.0 that did not allow asynchronous DMA on ATS660. Starting with
V5.5.1, ATS660 has full asynchronous DMA capability.
- Bug in AlazarGetNextAutoDMABuffer routine. In version 5.4.0 of the driver,
this routine was returning only half the data in No-Pre-Trigger (NPT) mode.
- Full Vista power management compliance. This fixes a power state handling bug
in previous versions, which caused a Vista-based PC to crash if it was powered
down with the ATS660 driver loaded. In some machines, this crash caused a
- Bug in all previous v5.x.x drivers, whereby
not return code 513 when the last buffer was received. This could have
resulted in acquiring an extra buffer containing bad data at the end of the
- New, highly integrated memory control logic that improves data throughput and
reliability. Note that this new logic increases power consumption by approx.
- First fully-released version of 64 bit drivers for ATS660.
- Bug in the AtsApi.DLL that did not allow dual channel operation in
No-Pre-Trigger AutoDMA mode.
- Problem in the trigger engine firmware that may have caused faulty triggering
in a Master/Slave configuration using more than 1000 triggers in the
Traditional acquisition mode.
- Support for Non-Pretrigger AutoDMA in both Dual and Single channel modes.
- Bug found in all previous versions that caused needless relay switching. This
bug typically exhibited itself when either the Input Range was changed or a
new capture was started.
- Bug in Version 4.9.5 for ATS660 Master/Slave systems, which did not allow
proper synchronization of all channels.
- Support for "10 MHz PLL Reference" clock for ATS660. User is able to multiply
the externally supplied 10 MHz reference frequency to produce a 110 MHz to 130
MHz sampling clock.
- Bug in Version 4.9.4 that caused intermittant failure of AlazarRead. This bug
exhibited itself by seeming to swap data between channels A and B when
displaying in API Panel.