This file lists all important changes to ATS860
[6.3.0] - 2018-09-24
- No change in the driver for this release
[6.2.1] - 2018-08-16
- Various API function descriptions to make them easier to understand.
CAP_SUPPORT_12_BIT_PACKING entries to
[6.2.0] - 2018-07-31
- Channel memory sharing on ATS9637.
[6.1.4] - 2018-06-19
[6.1.3] - 2018-06-12
[6.1.2] - 2018-05-16
- Regression introduced in version 5.10.25 that caused ATS9870 master/slave
systems to show acquisition timeout problems.
[6.1.1] - 2018-04-27
- Fix an issue where installation would not work properly on updated Windows 7
[6.1.0] - 2018-04-17
- AlazarAllocBufferU16Ex correctly exported
- Support for on board memory size greater than 4 Giga samples via functions
[6.0.3] - 2018-03-02
- Support for Windows silent installation.
- Support for ATS9637
- Regression where ATS9870's internal clock rates would not be set properly for
rates lower than 1 GS/s.
[6.0.2] - 2018-02-12
- Set the default of number of DMA buffers allocated by the
API to 4 instead of 64. This default value can be modified with the
- Add internal support for DIS DSP module.
[6.0.1] - 2017-11-30
- Issue with
SET_BUFFERS_PER_TRIGGER_ENABLE that makes it set the double the
requested value in dual-channel mode
[6.0.0] - 2017-08-02
- Support for Windows 10 Signature Enforcement mode. In computers where this
mode is active, versions of this driver before 6.0.0 will not install
correctly. Instead, a window titled "Windows requires a digitally signed
driver" will appear during or shortly after the installation process.
- Cleanup step in
AlazarBeforeAsyncRead() to ensure that previous acquisitions
- Fix typo in
- Make the Visual Studio 2015 redistributable installers passive. This solves an
issue where, on some computers, the installer prompt would stay hidden behind
the main installer's window.
[5.10.24] - 2017-04-17
- Bug in AlazarDSP that causes window functions downloaded to the on-FPGA FFT
module to be corrupted, causing increased noise in on-FPGA FFT
[5.10.23] - 2017-03-01
- Bug in AlazarDSP on-FPGA FFT mode where the incorrect multiplier was used for
the fft log output when
FFT_OUTPUT_FORMAT_RAW_PLUS_FFT was activated.
- Deactivate ATU7825 detection in Windows to prevent GUID conflict.
[5.10.22] - 2016-11-25
SET_BUFFERS_PER_TRIGGER_ENABLE parameter for
[5.10.21] - 2016-11-08
AlazarParseFPGAName(). Now returns
ApiUnsupportedFunction without doing
[5.10.20] - 2016-11-07
- Support for Windows Driver Kit 10
[5.10.19] - 2016-10-20
- Bug under Windows in ATS9360/ATS9373/ATS9416 driver and library that was not
reading EEPROM data at initialization time, which could cause an incorrect
input offset and not detect available memory with user-created applications.
Workaround for this bug used to be to run AlazarDSO or AlazarSysInfo before
launching user-created application, thus forcing the EEPROM data to be read.
This workaround is no longer required.
[5.10.18] - 2016-09-19
AlazarExtractNPTFooters(). This function has been superseeded by
[5.10.17] - 2016-09-15
- Preliminary support for dual-buffer mode
[5.10.16] - 2016-09-02
- AlazarSetADCBackgroundCompensation function
[5.10.14] - 2016-07-22
- The equivalent of DSOs F4 information for ApiFlags
[5.10.3] - 2016-06-02
- Prevent the library from writing to stdout
[5.10.2] - 2015-11-13
- Internal slicing of FFT data
[5.10.0] - 2015-10-09
- Add support for AlazarDSP
[5.9.29] - 2015-09-04
- Bug in AlazarRC that made temporary tmp.txt file appear.
[5.9.28] - 2015-08-11
- Default log file path to /tmp/ATSApi.log under Linux
[5.9.27] - 2015-08-11
- Support for NPT record footers
[5.9.26] - 2015-06-08
[5.9.25] - 2015-06-05
- Bug where ATS9626 hc default coprocessor is not downloaded
- Add support for system sleep and hibernation. The driver aborts DMA transfers
with error 559 (
ApiPowerDown) if the system enters a low power state.
[5.9.24] - 2015-05-05
[5.9.23] - 2015-02-18
- Bug introduced in v5.9.21 that might cause
AlazarBeforeAsyncRead() to return
- Support for multi-threaded operation
[5.9.21] - 2014-10-28
- Version 5.9.21 does not include any new functionality for this board.
[5.9.16] - 2013-11-14
- Bug that intermittently caused
AlazarRead() to return unexpected data on
64-bit systems with more than about 3GB of physical memory.
[5.9.9] - 2012-11-22
- Bug with trigger delay at 250 MS/s.
[5.9.7] - 2012-10-24
- Bug with AUX IO trigger enable in NPT mode where one record per trigger enable
was captured, rather than "records per buffer" records.
[5.9.0] - 2012-02-23
- Updates DpInst.exe to support installation under Korean.
[5.8.10] - 2011-09-09
- Allow two or more application threads to access a board's registers at the
[5.8.9] - 2011-09-09
- Support for
AlazarSetExternalClockLevel() in the driver
[5.8.7] - 2011-07-27
- Bugs that resulted in the digitizer not working correctly when in PC's with
3.4 GHz or greater processors, such as the Intel Core i7-2600K. The symptoms
of this problem included intermittent DC offset errors on input channels and
the failure of the on-board memory detection causing PCI Express boards to be
reported as a FIFO-Only.
[5.8.5] - 2011-07-18
- Version 5.8.5 updated driver to support 64-bit Windows systems (XP, Vista, 7)
with 4GB or more of memory.
[5.8.3] - 2011-05-02
- Version 5.8.3 does not include any new functionality for this board.
[5.7.12] - 2010-05-20
- There are no new capabilities for the ATS860 in driver version 5.7.12.
- Bug in version 5.6.12, where the driver installation program installed an
older version (v5.6.11) of the device driver file (ATS860.sys).
- There are no new capabilities for the ATS860 in driver version 5.6.12
- Bug in previous versions for Master/Slave operation of multiple ATS860s. In
previous versions, slave board(s) could have a +/- 1 point (2-point peak to
peak) trigger jitter at 250 MS/s rate. With the updated FPGA, slave boards now
have the same trigger jitter as the Master board, +/- 0.5 point (1-point peak
to peak) jitter.
- This FPGA version also allows the programmer to control whether the ATS860
output data is unsigned binary (default) or signed.
- Bug in
AlazarAbortAsyncRead() in continuous or triggered mode where the
in-progress DMA was not aborted. The PC would have to be rebooted to recover
from this error.
- Bug in the driver that could have caused a lockup of the computer at very high
trigger repeat rates. The lockup may have exhibited itself by freezing the
mouse and keyboard or by simply stalling the acquisition.
- Bug in previous versions that could have caused on-board DMA state machine to
lock up in DmaPaused or DmaInProgress states. The accompanying FPGA files
allow unconditional completion of an in-progress DMA in order to avoid this
- Bug in NPT DMA mode. This bug caused data corruption at the end of data
buffers returned by ATS860.
- Bug which could have prevented the full DMA transfer from completing for NPT
- Bug in
AlazarAbortAsyncRead() that could have caused false buffer overflow
error. This overflow error would have appeared if the user had set infinite
number of records, stopped the acquisition manually and then tried to start
- Two new API functions:
functions can be called if the user is capturing data using AutoDMA
(synchronous DMA) and triggers stop coming.
AlazarStopAutoDMA() stops any
further DMAs from being started. This function should be called before
AlazarFlushAutoDMA() generates the required number
of software triggers to complete the current DMA, thereby guaranteeing an
orderly end of the acquisition session despite the lack of user-supplied
- Bug in
AlazarGetNextAutoDMABuffer() routine. In version 5.4.0 of the driver,
this routine was returning only half the data in No-Pre-Trigger (NPT) mode.
- Support for helper functions for asynchronous DMA from ATS860 to host PC
memory using overlapped I/O.
- Bug whereby a single-ported data transfer (using AlazarRead) that was greater
than 4 Megabytes, would return corrupted data.
- Use the same integrated memory controller as ATS460 and ATS660, allowing
greater reliability and faster throughput.
- Full support for No-Pre-Trigger (NPT) operations for ATS860. These features
were not available in previous versions.
- No new ATS860 functionality is introduced in this version.
- First fully-released version of 64 bit drivers for ATS860.
- This release is intended as a new baseline for the versioning and neither adds
nor removes functionality from Version 4.9.4.