This file lists all important changes to ATS9440
[6.4.1] - 2018-11-12
- Issue where
AlazarAbortAsyncRead() would not properly terminate a running
acquisition on ATS9360, ATS9371, ATS9373 and ATS9416. This could cause data
alignment problems with applications that stop and start acquisition multiple
times consecutively, or with LabVIEW code samples.
AlazarExtractNPTFootersEx(), which allows to extract NPT footers correctly in
all acquisition modes for all boards that support this feature.
- No change in the driver for this release
AlazarExtractTimeDomainNPTFooters(). These functions have been superseded by
[6.4.0] - 2018-10-18
[6.3.0] - 2018-09-24
- No change in the driver for this release
[6.2.1] - 2018-08-16
- Various API function descriptions to make them easier to understand.
CAP_SUPPORT_12_BIT_PACKING entries to
[6.2.0] - 2018-07-31
- Channel memory sharing on ATS9637.
[6.1.4] - 2018-06-19
[6.1.3] - 2018-06-12
[6.1.2] - 2018-05-16
- Regression introduced in version 5.10.25 that caused ATS9870 master/slave
systems to show acquisition timeout problems.
[6.1.1] - 2018-04-27
- Fix an issue where installation would not work properly on updated Windows 7
[6.1.0] - 2018-04-17
- AlazarAllocBufferU16Ex correctly exported
- Support for ATS-GMA
- Support for on board memory size greater than 4 Giga samples via functions
[6.0.3] - 2018-03-02
- Regression where ATS9870's internal clock rates would not be set properly for
rates lower than 1 GS/s.
- Support for Windows silent installation.
- Support for ATS9637
[6.0.2] - 2018-02-12
- Set the default of number of DMA buffers allocated by the
API to 4 instead of 64. This default value can be modified with the
- Add internal support for DIS DSP module.
[6.0.1] - 2017-11-30
- Issue with
SET_BUFFERS_PER_TRIGGER_ENABLE that makes it set the double the
requested value in dual-channel mode
[6.0.0] - 2017-08-02
- Hardened driver to protect against user applications not cleaning-up DMA
transfers. In previous versions, if user terminated their acquisition without
AlazarAbortAsyncRead() (e.g. by pressing
development), DMA driver would lock up and a shut down cycle was required
before further acquisitions could be made.
- Make the Visual Studio 2015 redistributable installers passive. This solves an
issue where, on some computers, the installer prompt would stay hidden behind
the main installer's window.
- Issue that could cause long streaming data transfers, such as Stream to Memory
in AlazarDSO, to stall on recent Windows 10 versions.
- Fix typo in
- Support for Windows 10 Signature Enforcement mode. In computers where this
mode is active, versions of this driver before 6.0.0 will not install
correctly. Instead, a window titled "Windows requires a digitally signed
driver" will appear during or shortly after the installation process.
- Cleanup step in
AlazarBeforeAsyncRead() to ensure that previous acquisitions
[5.10.24] - 2017-04-17
- Bug in AlazarSetCaptureClock that resulted in false PLLNotLocked errors
- Bug in AlazarDSP that causes window functions downloaded to the on-FPGA FFT
module to be corrupted, causing increased noise in on-FPGA FFT
[5.10.23] - 2017-02-28
- Bug that would cause the PCIe speed and width to be displayed wrong with
ATSApi DLL v5.10.20 and above
- Bug in AlazarDSP on-FPGA FFT mode where the incorrect multiplier was used for
the fft log output when
FFT_OUTPUT_FORMAT_RAW_PLUS_FFT was activated.
- Deactivate ATU7825 detection in Windows to prevent GUID conflict.
[5.10.22] - 2016-11-25
SET_BUFFERS_PER_TRIGGER_ENABLE parameter for
[5.10.21] - 2016-11-08
AlazarParseFPGAName(). Now returns
ApiUnsupportedFunction without doing
[5.10.20] - 2016-11-07
- Support for Windows Driver Kit 10
[5.10.19] - 2016-10-20
- Bug under Windows in ATS9360/ATS9373/ATS9416 driver and library that was not
reading EEPROM data at initialization time, which could cause an incorrect
input offset and not detect available memory with user-created applications.
Workaround for this bug used to be to run AlazarDSO or AlazarSysInfo before
launching user-created application, thus forcing the EEPROM data to be read.
This workaround is no longer required.
[5.10.18] - 2016-09-19
AlazarExtractNPTFooters(). This function has been superseeded by
[5.10.17] - 2016-09-15
- Preliminary support for dual-buffer mode
[5.10.16] - 2016-09-02
- AlazarSetADCBackgroundCompensation function
[5.10.14] - 2016-07-22
- Bug where Windows XP computer would restart when asked to power off.
- The equivalent of DSOs F4 information for ApiFlags
[5.10.3] - 2016-06-02
- Prevent the library from writing to stdout
[5.10.2] - 2015-11-13
- Internal slicing of FFT data
[5.10.0] - 2015-10-09
- Add support for AlazarDSP
[5.9.29] - 2015-09-04
- Bug in AlazarRC that made temporary tmp.txt file appear.
[5.9.28] - 2015-08-11
- Default log file path to /tmp/ATSApi.log under Linux
[5.9.27] - 2015-08-11
- Support for NPT record footers
[5.9.26] - 2015-06-08
[5.9.25] - 2015-06-05
- Bug where ATS9626 hc default coprocessor is not downloaded
- Add support for resuming from sleep and hibernation states, and Windows 8
"fast start-up". The driver aborts DMA transfers with error 559
ApiPowerDown) when the system enters a low power state.
[5.9.24] - 2015-05-05
[5.9.23] - 2015-02-18
- Bug introduced in v5.9.21 that might cause
AlazarBeforeAsyncRead() to return
- Support for multi-threaded operation
[5.9.21] - 2014-10-29
AlazarGetCpldVersion() to return 8-bit major and minor values.
- Support for internal 10 MHz PLL clock source
[5.9.18] - 2014-05-06
- Update driver to set +5V sensor high limit to +5.3V.
[5.9.17] - 2014-05-01
- Update driver memory detection code
[5.9.14] - 2013-04-02
- Change default external clock level from 50% to 58%.
[5.9.12] - 2013-03-13
- Fix a bug in
PACK_MODE that caused
PACK_8_BITS_PER_SAMPLE to not work correctly.
AlazarSetParameter() to get the current
[5.9.4] - 2012-07-11
- Support for optional +/-250 mV input range.
[5.9.0] - 2012-02-23
- Update DpInst.exe to support installation under Korean Windows.
[5.8.10] - 2011-09-09
- Updates driver to allow two or more application threads to access a board's
registers at the same time.
[5.8.7] - 2011-07-27
- Bugs that resulted in the digitizer not working correctly when in PC's with
3.4 GHz or greater processors, such as the Intel Core i7-2600K. The symptoms
of this problem included intermittent DC offset errors on input channels and
the failure of the on-board memory detection causing PCI Express boards to be
reported as a FIFO-Only.
[5.8.5] - 2011-07-12
- Bug that resulted in 2 or 3 AutoDMA buffers to be captured per trigger enable
pulse. This fix requires ATS9440 FPGA 4.03 or later.
[5.8.4] - 2011-06-03
- Changes default state of external trigger relay for v1.1 boards.
[5.8.3] - 2011-05-02
- Version 5.8.3 does not include any new functionality for this board's driver.
[5.8.1] - 2011-03-16
- Bug that causes
AlazarSetCaptureClock() to return
ApiInvalidData when 10
MHz external PLL mode was selected.