This file lists all important changes to ATS9462
[6.1.2] - 2018-05-16
- Regression introduced in version 5.10.25 that caused ATS9870 master/slave
systems to show acquisition timeout problems.
[6.1.1] - 2018-04-27
- Fix an issue where installation would not work properly on updated Windows 7
[6.1.0] - 2018-04-17
- AlazarAllocBufferU16Ex correctly exported
- Support for ATS-GMA
- Support for on board memory size greater than 4 Giga samples via functions
[6.0.3] - 2018-03-02
- Regression where ATS9870's internal clock rates would not be set properly for
rates lower than 1 GS/s.
- Support for Windows silent installation.
- Support for ATS9637
[6.0.2] - 2018-02-12
- Set the default of number of DMA buffers allocated by the
API to 4 instead of 64. This default value can be modified with the
- Add internal support for DIS DSP module.
[6.0.1] - 2017-11-30
- Issue with
SET_BUFFERS_PER_TRIGGER_ENABLE that makes it set the double the
requested value in dual-channel mode
[6.0.0] - 2017-08-02
- Make the Visual Studio 2015 redistributable installers passive. This solves an
issue where, on some computers, the installer prompt would stay hidden behind
the main installer's window.
- Fix typo in
- Support for Windows 10 Signature Enforcement mode. In computers where this
mode is active, versions of this driver before 6.0.0 will not install
correctly. Instead, a window titled "Windows requires a digitally signed
driver" will appear during or shortly after the installation process.
- Cleanup step in
AlazarBeforeAsyncRead() to ensure that previous acquisitions
[5.10.24] - 2017-04-17
- Bug in AlazarDSP that causes window functions downloaded to the on-FPGA FFT
module to be corrupted, causing increased noise in on-FPGA FFT
[5.10.23] - 2017-02-28
- Deactivate ATU7825 detection in Windows to prevent GUID conflict.
- Bug that would cause the PCIe speed and width to be displayed wrong with
ATSApi DLL v5.10.20 and above
- Bug in AlazarDSP on-FPGA FFT mode where the incorrect multiplier was used for
the fft log output when
FFT_OUTPUT_FORMAT_RAW_PLUS_FFT was activated.
[5.10.22] - 2016-11-25
SET_BUFFERS_PER_TRIGGER_ENABLE parameter for
[5.10.21] - 2016-11-08
AlazarParseFPGAName(). Now returns
ApiUnsupportedFunction without doing
[5.10.20] - 2016-11-07
- Support for Windows Driver Kit 10
[5.10.19] - 2016-10-20
- Bug under Windows in ATS9360/ATS9373/ATS9416 driver and library that was not
reading EEPROM data at initialization time, which could cause an incorrect
input offset and not detect available memory with user-created applications.
Workaround for this bug used to be to run AlazarDSO or AlazarSysInfo before
launching user-created application, thus forcing the EEPROM data to be read.
This workaround is no longer required.
[5.10.18] - 2016-09-19
AlazarExtractNPTFooters(). This function has been superseeded by
[5.10.17] - 2016-09-15
- Preliminary support for dual-buffer mode
[5.10.16] - 2016-09-02
- AlazarSetADCBackgroundCompensation function
[5.10.14] - 2016-07-22
- Bug where Windows XP computer would restart when asked to power off
- The equivalent of DSOs F4 information for ApiFlags
[5.10.3] - 2016-06-02
- Prevent the library from writing to stdout
[5.10.2] - 2015-11-13
- Internal slicing of FFT data
[5.10.0] - 2015-10-09
- Add support for AlazarDSP
[5.9.29] - 2015-09-04
- Bug in AlazarRC that made temporary tmp.txt file appear.
[5.9.28] - 2015-08-11
- Default log file path to /tmp/ATSApi.log under Linux
[5.9.27] - 2015-08-11
- Support for NPT record footers
[5.9.26] - 2015-06-08
[5.9.25] - 2015-06-05
- Bug where ATS9626 hc default coprocessor is not downloaded
- Support for resuming from sleep and hibernation states, and Windows 8 "fast
start-up". The driver aborts DMA transfers with error 559 (ApiPowerDown) when
the system enters a low power state.
[5.9.24] - 2015-05-05
[5.9.23] - 2015-02-18
- Bug introduced in v5.9.21 that might cause
AlazarBeforeAsyncRead() to return
- Support for multi-threaded operation
[5.9.21] - 2014-10-29
AlazarGetCpldVersion() to return 8-bit major and minor values.
[5.9.9] - 2012-11-28
- Bug AUX IO trigger enable in dual-channel NPT mode where half the desired
number of records per trigger enable were captured.
[5.9.0] - 2012-02-23
- Update DpInst.exe to support installation under Korean Windows.
[5.8.10] - 2011-09-09
- Update driver to allow two or more application threads to access a board's
registers at the same time.
[5.8.7] - 2011-07-27
- Bugs that resulted in the digitizer not working correctly when in PC's with
3.4 GHz or greater processors, such as the Intel Core i7-2600K. The symptoms
of this problem included intermittent DC offset errors on input channels and
the failure of the on-board memory detection causing PCI Express boards to be
reported as a FIFO-Only.
[5.8.5] - 2011-06-22
- Bug that would generate an
ApiPllNotLocked error in external clock mode if
AlazarSetCaptureClock() was called with
SAMPLE_RATE_160MSPS, rather than
[5.8.3] - 2011-05-02
- This version does not include any new functionality for this board's driver.
[5.7.19] - 2010-08-20
AlazarSetTriggerOperationForScanning() for OCT applications using external
clock and trigger inputs where the external clock signal becomes unsuitable to
drive the digitizer between scan lines. Use this option to delay start of an
acquisition until an external trigger event when the clock is stable.
[5.7.12] - 2010-05-20
- Bug that caused
AlazarHyperDisp() to return
ApiUnsupportedFunction even if
supported by the firmware.
[5.7.10] - 2010-03-31
AlazarHyperDispEx() work with 64-bit transfer offsets.
AlazarHyperDisp() to support ATS9462.
GET_MAX_PRETRIGGER_SAMPLES property to
AlazarGetParameterUL() to allow
applications to determine the maximum number of pre-trigger samples supported
by a board.
- Bug in ATS9462 async continuous streaming from memory where
AlazarWaitAsyncBufferComplete() would fail with error
AlazarSetTriggerTimeout() was called.
- Bug that caused the reported memory size from
(MEM_SIZE) to return 0 after calling
- Support for ATS9462 with on-board memory.
SETGET_ASYNC_BUFFCOUNT to allow less than 3 buffers.
- Bug that caused incorrect triggerring in NPT mode with both channels enabled
and the AUX I/O trigger enable input enabled.
- Bug in version 5.6.12, where the driver installation program installed an
older version (v5.6.11) of the device driver file (ATS9462.sys).
- Bug in
AlazarSetCaptureClock() that resulted in
ApiPllNotLocked errors in
master-slave board systems onfigured to use an external clock input.
- Bug in
AbortAsyncRead() where the function might fail when called in NPT
mode. The PC would have to be rebooted to recover from this error.
- Modify driver to detect buffer overflow after asynchronous transfer. Previous
version did not check for this overflow and could have displayed bad data in
AlazarDSO. This problem becomes more pronounced on slower computers and longer
(> 40 K) buffers.
- Report an error if user selects 180 MS/s or 160 MS/s sample rate and the
on-board PLL does not lock.
- Bug in previous versions that could have caused LabVIEW vis to stop working
(ApiWaitTimeout error in AsyncDMA.vi) until the PC was rebooted. This bug was
caused by an incomplete clean-up of DMA buffers that had been queued up.
Version 5.6.9 cleans up all the DMA buffers properly, thus fixing this bug.
- Version 5.6.7 does not include any new functionality for this board's driver.
- Bug in the driver that could have caused a lockup of the computer at very high
trigger repeat rates. The lockup may have exhibited itself by freezing the
mouse and keyboard or by simply stalling the acquisition.
- Bug introduced in version 5.6.4 that caused DMA transfers to fail in LabVIEW
- Version 5.6.4 does not include any new functionality for this board's driver.
- Bug that NPT and Traditional Synch/AsyncDMA would fail if the user was
previously using Continuous Streaming or Triggered Streaming. The trigger
settings were not being restored properly.
- Bug in the WinXP64, and Windows Vista X64 drivers that stalled the
Asynchronous DMA acquisition process from completing the capture, due to a
- Bug where API
AlazarQueryCapability() presented the device serial number in
an incorrect format; the device-type digit was missing. The ATS9462
device-type digit is "9", and therefore all serial numbers should start with a
"9" and be greater the 900000. Customers owning an ATS9462 should not be
concerned as the device EEPROM does hold the correct value. Only the
AlazarQueryCapability() API was affected.
- Bug in previous versions that caused LabVIEW VIs to hang if user stopped the
VI and tried to restart it. Previous drivers used to report a wrong value for
on-board memory for ATS9462 when a VI was run after being stopped. This
resulted in wrong calculation of DMA buffer length, causing a PC hang-up.
Version 5.5.3 reports the same, correct, value no matter how many times a vi
is started or stopped.
- Bug in
AlazarAbortAsyncRead() (asynchronous DMA) that could have caused the
code to go into an infinite loop for NPT AsyncDMA with finite number of
- Bug in
AlazarAbortAsyncRead() (asynchronous DMA) that could have caused
false buffer overflow error. This overflow error would have appeared if the
user had set infinite number of records, stopped the acquisition manually and
then tried to start another acquisition.