This file lists all important changes to ATS9870
[6.1.2] - 2018-05-16
- Regression introduced in version 5.10.25 that caused ATS9870 master/slave
systems to show acquisition timeout problems.
[6.1.1] - 2018-04-27
- Fix an issue where installation would not work properly on updated Windows 7
[6.1.0] - 2018-04-17
- AlazarAllocBufferU16Ex correctly exported
- Support for ATS-GMA
- Support for on board memory size greater than 4 Giga samples via functions
[6.0.3] - 2018-03-02
- Regression where ATS9870's internal clock rates would not be set properly for
rates lower than 1 GS/s.
- Support for Windows silent installation.
- Support for ATS9637
[6.0.2] - 2018-02-12
- Set the default of number of DMA buffers allocated by the
API to 4 instead of 64. This default value can be modified with the
- Add internal support for DIS DSP module.
[6.0.1] - 2017-11-30
- Issue with
SET_BUFFERS_PER_TRIGGER_ENABLE that makes it set the double the
requested value in dual-channel mode
[6.0.0] - 2017-08-02
- Make the Visual Studio 2015 redistributable installers passive. This solves an
issue where, on some computers, the installer prompt would stay hidden behind
the main installer's window.
- Fix typo in
- Support for Windows 10 Signature Enforcement mode. In computers where this
mode is active, versions of this driver before 6.0.0 will not install
correctly. Instead, a window titled "Windows requires a digitally signed
driver" will appear during or shortly after the installation process.
- Cleanup step in
AlazarBeforeAsyncRead() to ensure that previous acquisitions
[5.10.24] - 2017-04-17
- Bug in AlazarSetCaptureClock that resulted in false PLLNotLocked errors
- Bug in AlazarDSP that causes window functions downloaded to the on-FPGA FFT
module to be corrupted, causing increased noise in on-FPGA FFT
[5.10.23] - 2017-02-28
- Deactivate ATU7825 detection in Windows to prevent GUID conflict.
- Bug that would cause the PCIe speed and width to be displayed wrong with
ATSApi DLL v5.10.20 and above
- Bug in AlazarDSP on-FPGA FFT mode where the incorrect multiplier was used for
the fft log output when
FFT_OUTPUT_FORMAT_RAW_PLUS_FFT was activated.
[5.10.22] - 2016-11-25
SET_BUFFERS_PER_TRIGGER_ENABLE parameter for
[5.10.21] - 2016-11-08
AlazarParseFPGAName(). Now returns
ApiUnsupportedFunction without doing
[5.10.20] - 2016-11-07
- Support for Windows Driver Kit 10
[5.10.19] - 2016-10-20
- Bug under Windows in ATS9360/ATS9373/ATS9416 driver and library that was not
reading EEPROM data at initialization time, which could cause an incorrect
input offset and not detect available memory with user-created applications.
Workaround for this bug used to be to run AlazarDSO or AlazarSysInfo before
launching user-created application, thus forcing the EEPROM data to be read.
This workaround is no longer required.
[5.10.18] - 2016-09-19
AlazarExtractNPTFooters(). This function has been superseeded by
[5.10.17] - 2016-09-15
- Preliminary support for dual-buffer mode
[5.10.16] - 2016-09-02
- AlazarSetADCBackgroundCompensation function
[5.10.14] - 2016-07-22
- The equivalent of DSOs F4 information for ApiFlags
[5.10.3] - 2016-06-02
- Prevent the library from writing to stdout
[5.10.2] - 2015-11-13
- Internal slicing of FFT data
[5.10.0] - 2015-10-09
- Add support for AlazarDSP
[5.9.29] - 2015-09-04
- Bug in AlazarRC that made temporary tmp.txt file appear.
[5.9.28] - 2015-08-11
- Default log file path to /tmp/ATSApi.log under Linux
[5.9.27] - 2015-08-11
- Support for NPT record footers
[5.9.26] - 2015-06-08
[5.9.25] - 2015-06-08
- Bug where ATS9626 hc default coprocessor is not downloaded
- Add support for record footers in NPT mode. This option requires FPGA v43.12 or later.
[5.9.24] - 2015-05-05
[5.9.23] - 2015-02-18
- Support Nova board; increase memory detection time-out to 6 sec for Nova.
- Support for multi-threaded operation
[5.9.21] - 2014-10-29
- Fix driver timer callback bug that might cause a stop error on system shut-down.
- Modify VCO charge pump settings
[5.9.20] - 2014-09-18
- Support for advanced 10 MHz PLL external clock, and internal 10 MHz PLL
[5.9.19] - 2014-06-23
AlazarGetCPLDVersion() to return 8-bit major and minor versions.
[5.9.16] - 2014-03-16
- Update memory detection code to perform MPFE reset and increase number of
[5.9.14] - 2013-08-26
GET_SAMPLES_PER_TIMESTAMP_CLOCK return value
from 2 to 8 samples.
AlazarResetTimestamp() to support ATS9870
[5.9.9] - 2012-11-13
- Update ATSApi.dll and ATS9870.sys to add support for Halo 50 MHz sample rate
[5.9.7] - 2012-10-27
- Add alternate input range mode to support +/- 500 mV
[5.9.6] - 2012-09-05
- special build to generate 62.5 MHz clock
[5.9.0] - 2012-02-23
- Update DpInst.exe to support installation under Korean Windows.
[5.8.10] - 2011-09-09
- Update driver to allow two or more application threads to access a board's
registers at the same time.
[5.8.7] - 2011-07-27
- Bugs that resulted in the digitizer not working correctly when in PC's with
3.4 GHz or greater processors, such as the Intel Core i7-2600K. The symptoms
of this problem included intermittent DC offset errors on input channels and
the failure of the on-board memory detection causing PCI Express boards to be
reported as a FIFO-Only.
[5.8.3] - 2011-05-02
- Bug introduced in v5.8.1 that caused independent boards to sample at 1 GS/s
when any internal sample rate was selected.
[5.8.1] - 2011-03-16
- Support for ATS9870 Master/Slave board configurations.
[5.7.20] - 2010-09-23
- Hardware version 1.3 supports 50 or 300 ohm external trigger impedance.
[5.7.12] - 2010-05-20
- Bug that caused
AlazarHyperDisp() to return
ApiUnsupportedFunction even if
supported by the firmware.
[5.7.11] - 2010-04-21
- Support to
AlazarGetNextAsyncBuffer() with the
ADMA_GET_PROCESSED flag to
return an array 32-bit signed data from ATS9870 boards with autocorrelation
[5.7.10] - 2010-03-31
AlazarHyperDispEx() to work with 64-bit transfer offsets.
- Support for the version C silicon of the ADC chip used on ATS9870. In this
version, driver automatically detects the silicon version and sets timing
parameters so data can be acquired correctly irrespective of the silicon
version. Previous driver versions would have set timing parameters for version
B silicon, which has now been discontinued by the manufacturer. If an older
driver were used with version C silicon, user may have seen glitches on one or
- Version 5.7.5 properly supports "10 MHz PLL" external clock mode. Previous
versions did not setup the "10 MHz PLL" properly.
- Bug in which a value written to the analog CPLD may result in
AlazarReadEx() to allow 64-bit "trigger offset" values for the ATS9870
boards with more than 2G samples per channel of on-board memory.
- Version 5.7.2 is highly recommended to be used with firmware version 31 or
higher. Older firmware versions do not include an error correction circuit
(ECC) that is required by the ADC chip. Without this ECC, signal integrity can
- Version 5.7.2 adds
ADMA_GET_PROCESSED_DATA flag to AdmaFlags in
AlazarBeforeAsyncRead(). Setting this flag allows
AlazarGetNextAsyncBuffer() (used by LabVIEW VI's) to copy data into the user
buffer in a consistent format. Note, however, that this involves data
manipulation by the CPU, so data intensive applications may prefer to use raw
data buffers and interpret them accordingly.
- Version 5.7.2 driver disables Gray code data output from the ADC chip. This is
done because the ADC manufacturer plans to remove this option from future
versions of silicon.