WELCOME OCT NEWS READERS
AlazarTech provides waveform digitizers (A/D boards) that allow OCT users to digitize electronic waveforms generated by their MZI and easily create live images in their custom imaging software.
Come see AlazarTech at Photonics West 2017 and BiOS in San Francisco, CA
Photonics West: January 31 to February 2, 2017
Location: Booth 2526 - South Hall - Moscone Center
BiOS: Monday January 30, 2017
Time: 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
Location: Moscone West Levels 2 and 3
Conference: High-Speed Biomedical Imaging and Spectroscopy II: Toward Big Data Instrumentation and Management
Poster title: High-speed complete OCT signal processing solution
Authors: Romain Deterre, Routzbeh Khatibi, Étienne De Montigny, Muneeb Khalid, Alazar Technologies, Inc.
Abstract: We present a complete solution for signal acquisition up to 4 GS/s and on-board FPGA-based OCT processing at full speed. On-board OCT signal processing virtually eliminates the downstream signal processing bottleneck. Complex filtering allows for windowing and dispersion compensation. Data is zero-padded when the number of samples is not a power of 2. The FFT engine allows for up to 1,000,000 4096-point FFT calculations per second. Output data can be linear amplitude or logarithmic. This output data can be single-precision floating point or sliced to U32, U16 or U8. This hardware solution comes with dedicated software and software development kit.
If your OCT system must operate on a 24/7 basis, you need to use AlazarTech products.
AlazarTech provides a complete solution for SS-OCT applications, including:
- Low Noise High Resolution data acquisition at fast sample rates With up to 4 GS/s sampling offered by ATS9373, you can future-proof your OCT system for tomorrow's sources
- Fast 6.8 GB/s data transfer rate for raw (time domain) data or FFT data There are OTHER companies claiming to offer OCT solutions, but their data transfer rate to computer memory is only a few hundred Megabytes per second, putting a ceiling on how many frames per second they can capture
Support for variable frequency external clock to allow the use of the swept source's k-clock to solve the re-linearization problem This feature is unique to AlazarTech due to our unique A/D technology. Commercially available A/D technology requires fixed frequency sampling and, therefore, cannot use k-clock signals from swept sources. A DSP-based resampling scheme must be used to linearize the data in k-space. Our k-clock based solution directly generates data linear in k-space
- Unique OCT Ignore Bad Clock feature that allows use of out-of-specification k-clocks k-clock from many swept sources provide either no signal in between scans or a "dummy clock" of very slow frequency. In some cases, the "dummy clock" can also contain glitches. AlazarTech's OCT Ignore Bad Clock technology allows the user to tell the A/D circuitry to ignore the k-clock signal during a certain time duration after each trigger
- Complete on-FPGA FFT solution that includes: • User programmable dispersion compensation function
• User programmable windowing
• Log calculation
• FFT magnitude output in floating point or integer format
- Special "Raw + FFT" mode that allows users to acquire both time domain and FFT data This can be very useful during the validation process
- Embedded data footers that include timestamp, frame count and many other useful information for each record
AlazarTech also offers qualified customers a 30-day evaluation program, so customers can try the product before they buy with full confidence. Contact us for more details of this program.
Pricing AlazarTech On